Thursday, August 15, 2013

Crane- 2nd Elite Unit- Crane Elite Archers-PART 1


So I have finished the Doji House Guard. On to the next Crane Unit.... The Crane Elite Archers!

According to Valiant as of (8/15/2013) You can get the minis at this site:
Valiant Miniatureshttp://www.veltd.net/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36_38&zenid=63e38f2b12e9481bdc203f1fce42f5ee
In the picture below, the stock numbers are listed in order from Left to Right:



The Next thing to look at is:
Number to paint? Crane Book says: "20 models total". I have 24. I plan on painting all 24. I don't know what I am going to do with the extra 4, but I am sure I will figure that out over the course of this project.

Do I have the right Colors?
Well, for my Crane Army I am attempting to paint the entire army with baby blue (Light Blue/Reaper Paints) Samurai armor.I want each unit's clothing to be a pastel color, so that eventually it will look like an army of pastel Easter eggs deployed on the field of battle.
The higher rank of the model in the army, the more Metallic Blue and White the unit will have.
Thus far I have chosen the following colors for clothing:

  • Doji House Guard: Pink (Valentine Pink/Apple Barrel) (7/1/2013)
  • Elite Crane Archers: pastel yellow (Lemon Chiffon/Apple Barrel) (8/15/2013)

Initially I know I will need the following colors for the Elite Crane Archers....
  • Skin- Tanned Skin/Reaper Paints
  • Clothing- Lemon Chiffon/Apple Barrel
  • Armor-Light Blue/Reaper Paints
With painting 3 colors for 24 models, I am going to have plenty of time to figure the rest of the paint scheme out.

Time to dive in!

No comments:

Post a Comment